Acousticom 2 RF Meter
A reliable meter with an economy price. Great for checking radiowaves from smart meters, wi-fi, cellphones and towers, and just about every RF source you are likely to encounter at home or in the office. Covers an amazing 200 – 8000 MHz with ±6dB accuracy. 8 LED light bar indicates field strength in V/m so it is very easy to interpret and has a very fast reaction time. Best of all, it has a dual sound feature which you can turn off if you want: Demodulated sounds allow you to hear intensity, and with a small amount of practice, you can determine what type of device is creating the microwave signal. Plus, an “alarm” sounder which emits a pulsing warning at higher exposure levels.
The internal antenna is at the upper back of the case. Signals are best measured when the source is behind the instrument. Uses one 9V battery, included. Pocket sized and light-weight. Perfect for sniffing out wireless surveillance cameras and spy bugs.
- Range (Peak Display): 0.01 – 6.00 volts per meter (V/m)
- 0.01 0.02 0.05 0.1 0.3 1.0 3.0 6.0 V/m increments; (0.5 to 100,000 µW/m²)
- Power draw: 40 to 90 mA (depends on the sound volume)
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours continuous with normal alkaline battery
- Size (mm): 110 x 63 x 21 (LxWxD); Weight: 140g incl. Battery